Speed on Android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 20 17:20:17 EDT 2015

I'm trying to build an Android app. It is taking about 5 seconds to
respond to touches, card changes, etc. I started with 7.0.3, then tried
in 6.6.7 thinking it might be faster but it's the same. Buttons and list
fields are not autohiliting because it takes too long for the app to
realize you're touching it. Sometimes updating a card takes long enough
for Android to put up its "not responding" warning.

There are no real moving parts in the app so there is nothing that
particularly applies to the layermode. It reads fields and database
records. There is one card where it creates a number of groups
dynamically and I'm quite sure that's one cause of the problem.

Any speedup tricks? Would the database inclusions cause a slowdown?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com