Beyond PowerStatus: Concurrency options

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Mar 20 15:51:32 EDT 2015

I say yes. At the very least, progress indicators really REALLY need concurrency, if for nothing else than the animation. Plus, concurrency can be used to *queue* complex time consuming operations with databases and such. Data grids for example could queue up “pages” of data in the background without having to intercept the data grid routines that load the data into the DG. So as a user scrolls through the data, the data grid could “page ahead” (or behind) instead of load all the data at once, or else have code that loads each page as the user scrolls.

I could think of a few other things off the top of my head, but yes.

Bob S