Modals Blown Away

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 20 09:32:23 EDT 2015

Ray wrote:

 > Is there something wrong in 7.0.2 with this?
 >
 > /modal stack [stackName]/
 >
 > It's a substack, but even if I use
 >
 > /modal stack [subStackName] or stack [mainStackName]/
 >
 > Livecode simply blows right by it.  I get nothing in the result and
 > nothing in a try-catch.
 >
 > This is super finicky, working sometimes, not working others, and
 > then suddenly working when I did nothing different.
 >
 > Anybody know anything about this?

I use modals extensively and haven't seen this, but I haven't used
v7.0.2 in weeks and only briefly when I did, so I have no input on that
specific version.

Is this evident in the current stable version, 7.0.3?

Also, does it work if you remove the "of stack [mainStackName]"?

That clause shouldn't be needed, because once a stack file is loaded
into memory all stacks within it are identifiable by their short name.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems