LC7 & Unicode

TEDennis tedennis at softwaredetails.com
Mon Mar 16 17:09:47 EDT 2015

re: Does LC6.7.3 not work for you until LC7 performance improves?

I gave up quite a while ago trying to use any version higher than 6.1
because I ran into an intermittent issue with arrays.  I don't even remember
what the problem was now, but that same app now works in 7.0.4.

Well, it *almost* works.

Unfortunately, 7.0 caused a problem with "eof" being reported when the last
record in the file was read, instead of on the next read.  That was a show
stopper.  I reported it, and they [claim to have] fixed it.  The next time I
"enhance" that app, I will verify the fix and use 7.x from then on.

At which time I will encounter the performance glitch.  Again.

Sigh ...

TED