WatchKit & AndroidWear

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Mar 16 14:20:02 EDT 2015

The API has changed (has become more strict).  Apps have to adhere to the
new specifications, or the Google Play Store won't allow them to be
downloaded to "Android Wear" compatible watches.  It works with my watch
because it isn't recognized as a true Android Wear device, but instead as a
tablet.  Again, that has changed in the requirements.  Also, as Colin
mentioned, wearables have new sensors that phones and tablets may not have,
such as a heartrate sensor, for example.

https://developer.android.com/wear

~Roger