WatchKit & AndroidWear

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 16 10:56:52 EDT 2015

Roger Eller wrote:

 > Does it have to use the LC 7 engine?  Why not use what fits, LC 6?

There is no build of the v6 engine that runs on wearables.

What "fits" is more than size.

Fixes are backported to v6.7 as a courtesy to those who haven't yet
migrated their work to the current engine, but I doubt we'll see
significant feature enhancements for that legacy engine.

The present is v7, and the future is v8.  Like v5 and all earlier
versions, we can expect v6 to be EOL'd long before v7.

To "fit" on wearables an engine needs fundamental changes, perhaps
possible in the future but unlikely with v6.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems