Getting use of menus straight

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:02:08 EDT 2015

Before I blow off another limb, I need to see if I have this straight.
(Hey, I'm not a GUI kind of person.  My general reaction is that they're
for displaying arrays of xterms . . . )

So for mac, I set the defaultMenuBar, which can hang around in the main
stack.  For substacks with custom menus, I need to have an additional menu
group with copies of the common buttons, and the extras. (and so a script
can copy those).  But these groups could be on any card of any stack.

For Windows/Unix, however, I will need to copy the default group from the
main stack to each substack that uses it, and place that group on every
card.

And for the script to keep the copies synchronized, something like

set the properties of btn "File" of group "myMenu" of stack st to \
     the properties of btn "File" of group "myMenu" of stack "mainStack"

and similarly for customProperties if used, and a one-time for the behavior?

And to be clear, the group with these on Windows/Unix is just another group
that lives in the upper left?  But this doesn't seem quite the case; I made
the menu with menubuilder on a mac, and it knows to put it there on
windows/unix, but not display on mac.

Or does the menubar property indeed have something that carries over to
windows/unix, in spite of the dictionary saying that it is mac only?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462