Spider Web chart?

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 21:34:21 EDT 2015

Michael Doub asked

> What are the implications of getting a fractional part of a point? Does
> livecode just ignore the fraction or should the results be truncated or
> rounded?

When setting “the points,” LC insists on integers, although it is more forgiving in other cases (e.g., you can “set the loc” using non-integers.  I wrote the function without rounding because I may want to call it from a script that performs multiple transformations and then rounds the final results.

> On 3/10/15 10:27 PM, David Epstein wrote:
>> function yAD x,y,d,a, at xAD
>>   -- calculate point x1,y1 that is distance d and angle a from point x,y
>>   -- return y1, load x1 into param 5
>>   -- a is in degrees, positive is east of north
>>   put (90-a)*2*pi/360 into a
>>   put x + d*cos(a) into xAD
>>   return y + d*sin(a)
>> end yAD