Managing Sizes - Images in Mobile (was Mobile Template)

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Mar 10 23:04:53 EDT 2015

"So if I want the image to take up say 70% of the card, I calculate the
size so when it's taking 70% of a Retina screen it look good. "

When saving, which  PPI should we be chosing.

  I'm still stuck in the old "72dpi for web" which is the wrong use of
"DPI.. since photoshop is actually asking for PPI

If you take a great photo, resize to 2048X1536 px. then "save for web"
you still have to other options to set

I looked all over the web today... still confused.

AT photo.stackexchange we see this:

"
up vote 2 down vote

If your image is 240px * 240px at 240dpi, and you change the resolution
in photoshop to 72dpi, the image is still 240px * 240px and the quality
isn't changed. It is just a reference for if the image is to be printed.

If you're using an image onscreen you can ignore the dpi, it will only
ever display the number of pixels.

which begs the question: when saving for retina 2048 X1536: what PPI
should we choose on save?

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery