If you don't read the forums

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Mar 10 18:30:35 EDT 2015

On 2015-03-10 20:31, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Chris Sheffield wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the heads up. Would have never known about it otherwise…
>
> You probably would once the basics were sorted out.
>
> As with the introduction of byteToNum, trueWord, and other changes to
> the engine, since the engine has gone open source RunRev has a good
> track record of maintaining transparent process for new initiatives.
>
> The Engine Contributors section of the forums is where a lot of both
> near-term and far-reaching ideas for the engine get fleshed out.
>
> Nothing in Mark's range of proposals has been implemented yet, and
> indeed it's a *range* of proposals, not yet finalized into a single
> initiative.
>
> Like the rest of the Open Source forums, the Engine Contributors
> section is available to everyone. All earnest participation in the
> spirit of those working groups there is of course welcome.

You definitely don't need to work for LiveCode to keep track of the
evolution of the platform, or even to get involved!  We do all of the
development of the LiveCode engine completely in the open.

You can monitor and discuss changes going into LiveCode in real time via
our Github projects <https://github.com/runrev> and via our bug tracker
<http://quality.runrev.com>.

We recently made it possible for anyone to browse our bug database
without needing to create an account.

We're committed to transparency, and we're always looking for ways to
improve our open source development process.

                                Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett
LiveCode Engine Development Team