LC7 & Unicode

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Tue Mar 10 11:41:42 EDT 2015

I do not know much, if anything about the LC implementation of Unicode or Unicode itself but I have been wondering.

LC 7.0.3 performance without doubt (to my eyes) seems to be less than LC 6.7.3 and from my reading of posts on this list it seems to be due to LC 7.0.3 implementing Unicode?

So, my question and perhaps it has been asked before but I don’t remember reading about it is:

Can LC 7 & LC 8 be coded to enable Unicode to be switched “on”/“off” either globally or on an individual control basis?

If possible LC 6 could be immediately dumped for future updates.

So, where you are using a control that contains a lot of data, DataGrid or Bernd’s modTableField, you could turn off the Unicode in relation to these controls and leave it on for those controls that may need it more.

Presumably this would improve the performance.

As I say, I know nothing of Unicode.

All the best

Terry