Mobile app templates?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 9 14:41:24 EDT 2015

On 3/8/2015 10:34 PM, Geoff Canyon wrote:
> Are there any template apps available? (free or paid) So far what I've seen
> are construction kits or graphics packages. I'm wondering if anyone has
> made a "splash screen with main app page with nav elements leading to other
> pages" app, or other variant of that?
>
> I'm thinking about how, if I want to produce a Mac/PC/Linux app, I can
> create a splash screen, paste some graphics into it, or put in a styled
> text field, and build a "splash screen plus one screen" app in about
> fifteen minutes, while nothing even remotely that quick seems possible on
> mobile.
>
> Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I don't think there's much difference between the desktop method and
mobile apps. You just compile the main stack for mobile instead of for
desktop.

The headaches aren't in the scripts so much as the mobile-specific
requirements like getting provisioning from Apple, or signed keys for
Android, or monkeying around with screen sizes and resolutions and app
permissions, or butting up against store restrictions. I'm not sure
there's a good way to provide a template for that sort of thing, it all
depends on the app behavior and layout.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com