Power Status (was Re: Because LC can't do two things at once.)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Mar 7 11:42:28 EST 2015

Mark Wieder wrote:
 > Saturday, March 7, 2015, 5:55:06 AM, you wrote:
 >
 >> Both the constant declarations are identical -- the second should
 >> be for BAT1. You're competing with me for multiple postings with
 >> bugs, but I've still go you beat.   :-)
 >
 > Ack! Good catch.
 > Although as far as I can tell this would only affect Richard <g>.

I'll blame Barton George.

He has nothing to do with this, but my laptop is a Dell he's the highest
ranking person from that company that I've met, and the one who's
spearheaded their Sputnik initiative to deploy more laptops with Ubuntu
preinstalled.

Most importantly, he's not here to defend himself so he makes a good
target. :)

And Michael, another tempting opportunity for spending $ on a Linux
laptop is the latest from Barton's team, Dell's top-of-the-line
Precision M3800 portable workstation, with Ubuntu installed and ready to
go, weighing in at a surprisingly low 4.15 lbs considering the hardware
inside:

<http://www.zdnet.com/article/dell-offers-new-ubuntu-linux-workstation-laptop/>

--
  Richard Gaskin