Printing in LC 7.0.3

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Fri Mar 6 15:08:24 EST 2015

> On 6 Mar 2015, at 19:44, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> Probably not. As Richard mentioned, some of those bugs are so old it would be too time consuming to go through the list and test each one to ensure they are still valid problems; many if not most of them are no longer relevant. RR did send out emails to all bug reporters asking them to review their old reports and close any that no longer apply. I did that but I'm not sure how many other people did. Some of those ancient bugs were handled by engineers who aren't even working for RR any more, and those reports are probably in a dead queue somewhere. If you notice any of those, you should ask to have them closed if they are no longer valid. The team would thank you for it.

It seems to me that as none of these old bug reports are likely to be reviewed and therefore not acted on, they may as well just be deleted and start again.

Pick a date any date and delete all the bug reports. Send emails to all interested parties informing them that bugs prior to a date are to be deleted and the system basically rebooted.

No need to audit them, just delete them and start again.

>> 2. When it will be allocated to an engineer.
>> 3. When it will be actioned by.
>
> These are determined, as I mentioned before, on priorities set by considering criticality (crashes, for example,) the current unit of code being worked on, whether there is a workaround, and other factors I wrote about. There is no hard time frame, it depends on the bug and the circumstances.

This is not helpful at all to those needing a bug sorted.

Some kind of meaningful guidance should be given.
This month, next month, next update.
This would also help LC focus on what they need to achieve.

Not setting some kind of target smacks of company that does not want to be held accountable by it’s users.
“We can’t be held accountable if we do not make a promise”.

Before I retired our company motto was “CARE”. Customer Awareness Rewards Everyone.
You should always give a date you intend to do something.
Give updates as you proceed.
Speak to the person involved and explain why, if you are going to fail. Most, believe it or not, are understanding.

All the best

Terry