printing at full density in 7!

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Fri Mar 6 14:37:01 EST 2015

> On 6 Mar 2015, at 15:50, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Cool! How nice to get good news. :)
>>

> And nice not to be complaining :)
>
> (I did find it odd that this was happening in 5.5, as I could print at
> density from at least SuperCard, and I think also Hypercard, back in 1989 .
> . .)
>

> --
> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
> (702) 508-8462

I presume these little remarks are meant for me. Thanks.

I would just remind you of my very first post in the other thread.

----------------------------------
Mac, Yosemite 10.10.2

Why does this work in LC 6.7.3 and not LC 7.0.3

on mouseUp

  answer page setup as sheet
     if the result = "cancel" then
        exit mouseUp
     end if
     answer printer as sheet
     if the result = "cancel" then
        exit mouseUp
     end if

     put 0,0,300,200 into tPrintRect

  print card from 0,0 to 300,200 into tPrintRect

end mouseUp

—————————————————

A simple request for help.

The first helpful post I got was from Paul Hubbard confirming that it was probably a bug.

Perhaps it all kicked off from this remark "I’ve never had a reported bug resolved.” My frustration with how long it seems to take to get things sorted in LC.

Then there were 4 quotes about comma’s and quotes. Not really helpful and going off at a tangent.

Then another quote suggesting I should try the quotes thing first. Not really helpful, I am not short in the brain department (despite what you may think).

Then nonsense criticising my quote "I’ve never had a reported bug resolved.” and some more suggestions about dimensions. Again not really relevant.

Then something else about the documentation.

It’s like I haven’t read the docs or something and tried the simplest of things.

Surely I would have tried these things before posting in the first place.

Finally, some more sense from Paul Hibbard, he’s raised the bug and got feedback confirming it.

Then 6 posts from me because I’m feeling attacked and a wounded animal responds.

Need I go on……

The outcome is simple, I raised a question, Paul Hibbard raised the bug on my behalf and guess what.

It was confirmed as such.

You should really rejoice that I have found a bug which is really important if you want to do what you are discussing in this thread but with only part of a card.

Peace and Goodwill

Terry