[Semi-OT] Execute Javascript for Acrobat

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Mar 4 11:56:29 EST 2015

Hi all.

I know there are people on the list who know if this can even be done, and if so, how to do it. Presently to have a PDF fillable form open and auto-fill with data, I must first set the PDF form up to import an FDF file upon opening, and secondly I must create an FDF file for it to import, populated with the values I want.

All this I have working, but I have developed a method for doing this directly from within my LC app without resorting to FDF files, but *only* for the Mac. I want to also develop a method for use in Windows. But since Windows has no built in equivalent to Inter-Application Communications (IAC otherwise known as Applescript) I am wondering if there is a way to do this via a shell command. I can execute Javascript alright by using wscript.exe, but how to get the message to Acrobat or Reader?

Bob S