Power Status (was Re: Because LC can't do two things at once.)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Mar 3 23:17:35 EST 2015

Peter-

Actually, BAT0 is a directory, so you want

        put url "/sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/status" into tStatus

and what I see on my Thinkpad running linux Mint 17 is status returns one of
three states:

Unknown if the laptop is plugged into the AC adapter
Discharging if running off the battery power
Charging if it's (wait for it) charging the battery.

If I remove the battery and run the laptop off AC power there is no BAT0
directory.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com