[OT] Invalid host address

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 2 21:13:07 EST 2015

This kind of gibberish:
<http://iamlinux.technoyard.in/blog/getaddrinfo-1-invalid-host-address-ignored-ntpd-errors-in-syslog/>

I do understand in general what it's talking about, and I know about the
computer hosts file and how it can be hijacked, but what I really need
is a recipe to send to an unsophisticated user who needs to fix the
problem. We suggested malware to him but he says the problem is only our
app. He says he looked at some console logs (OS X) and it showed a
timeout, though the return error my app displays is "invalid host address".

Thanks for any info anyone has.