App on different systems

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 2 12:28:31 EST 2015

Bob Sneidar wrote:
 > If memory serves, I attempted to use VirtualBox once but some
 > software I was trying to run was incompatible. I couldn’t swear
 > to it though. As much as I love Parallels, I am fairly certain it
 > is causing my system to become woefully unresponsive if I leave
 > it running, and restoring sessions only exacerbates the problems.
 > I know it’s not memory as I have 8 gigs. I might look into this.
 > Will it import Parallels Virtual Machines?

I don't know the answer to that, so the best I can offer on importing
would be to check the docs or the forums for Virtual Box.

But I do know that Virtual Box offers a wide range of virtual hardware
settings to emulate a very wide range of hardware expectations.  So if
you still find the most recent version of Virtual Box doesn't run the
software you need with its default settings, try adjusting them in the
System pane and hopefully you'll have as much good fortune with it as I
have.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems