Drawing a line in LC7

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:53:15 EST 2015

On 02/03/15 17:36, Terence Heaford wrote:
> This in the docs:
>

> "Tip:  When setting the points property, you can separate the individual points with a comma instead of a return. The points property is always reported with the points on separate lines, however.”
>

> Terry

Aha: so the 'Tip' now needs to be removed.

I wonder exactly WHY the thing was changed?

 From the point of view of teaching & writing a book on Livecode, a
Language-cum-IDE that keeps changing features like that
(especially if those changes are left for folk to stumble on, rather
than documenting them in LARGE, RED letters) is going to
be seen as a pain-in-the-B.

Certainly, it would be VERY NICE indeed if the "good folks" at RunRev
could put together a COMPREHENSIVE list of changes
(i.e. not just the fancy, eye-catching ones they use for marketting)
post version 7 so that people like myself, who haven't
got all the time in the world for messing around with Livecode on the
off-chance that well stumble upon some new, undocumented
change, can plan our Summer courses properly so we don't end up with egg
all over our faces come July.

>> On 2 Mar 2015, at 14:19, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So tried the "carriage return" thing, & YES, it worked . . . of course the Documentation was RIGHT all along, it was the pre-7 IDE
>> that was wrong.

Richmond.