Xcode Error with iOS 8.3 Device

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jun 30 14:14:32 EDT 2015


Thanks to everyone for all the feedback on this -- glad I'm not alone.
I'll double check if the app gets copied over even when the error occurs.

FWIW, I get the error on an iPhone 5s running iOS8.3.  No error on an iPad
iOS8.2.

Regarding the comment about the need for Yosemite to build for iOS8, this
doesn't seem to be the case -- I'm able to build for the 8.2 device
apparently without issues.  If there is a restriction, perhaps Yosemite is
needed for 8.3 ?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design




On 6/30/15, 8:26 AM, "Ralph DiMola" <rdimola at evergreeninfo.net> wrote:

>I'm running Mavericks with Xcode 6.2. In Xcode "Devices" window the 8.3
>iPad
>show the "Developer Disk Image could not be mounted" and the 8.2 iPod does
>not show the error. The 8.3 iPad only show the error when you drag an app
>in
>but the app still gets installed and runs. Then if you look at a different
>device and return to the 8.3 iPad window the error flashes and then
>disappears and will reappear when you drag another app in. My bottom line
>is
>apps built with either 6.7.5 or 7.0.5 can be dragged into "Devices" window
>for both devices and the apps run just fine even with the "Developer Disk
>Image could not be mounted" error on the 8.3 device.
>
>Ralph DiMola
>IT Director
>Evergreen Information Services
>rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On
>Behalf
>Of J. Landman Gay
>Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 11:07 AM
>To: How to use LiveCode
>Subject: Re: xCode Error with iOS 8.3 Device
>
>The part I noticed was at the bottom, where it mentioned you need Yosemite
>to build with a version of Xcode that supports iOS 8. I think I remember
>seeing that before. It looks like you're still running Mavericks.
>
>
>On June 30, 2015 1:08:12 AM CDT, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com>
>wrote:
>>Yup, that's the post I found, but trying a few suggestions on there
>>hasn't solved the issue.
>>
>>Still looking...
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Scott Rossi
>>Creative Director
>>Tactile Media, UX/UI Design
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>On 6/29/15, 10:26 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On 6/30/2015 12:07 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>>>> I get this error when trying to copy an LC standalone onto my iPhone
>>5
>>>> running iOS 8.3:
>>>>
>>>> The Developer Disk Image could not be mounted.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Trying the few options found on the web (more recent xCode,
>>restarting
>>>>the
>>>> phone) hasn't solved the issue.  Anybody run across this one before?
>>>>
>>>> OS X 10.9.5
>>>> xCode 6.2
>>>> LC 7.0.4
>>>
>>>I found this:
>>>
>>><http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26508036/xcode-6-ios-8-1-the-devel
>>>oper
>>>-disk-image-could-not-be-mounted>
>>>
>>>"Just ran into this after absentmindedly upgrading my phone to iOS
>>8.3.
>>>Resolution required an upgrade to OS X Yosemite (10.10) before I could
>>>update to a version of Xcode that supports that version of iOS."
>>>
>>>Sounds like you need Yosemite.
>>>
>>>-- 
>>>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>>>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>use-livecode mailing list
>>>use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>>>Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>>>subscription preferences:
>>>http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>use-livecode mailing list
>>use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>>Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>>subscription preferences:
>>http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>-- 
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>
>_______________________________________________
>use-livecode mailing list
>use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>subscription
>preferences:
>http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>use-livecode mailing list
>use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>subscription preferences:
>http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode






More information about the Use-livecode mailing list