iOS Playing Sounds Problems

Chris Sheffield cs_livecode at icloud.com
Mon Jun 29 14:18:08 EDT 2015

When I have sounds that play in the simulator but not on the device, I’ve found it’s almost always because I’ve not taken into account the case sensitivity of iOS. OS X as I’m sure you know, by default, is not case sensitive, so if your file is “Blue.wav”, you can still have “blue.wav” in your code and it’ll play just fine. But that’s not so with iOS.

So double check all your file and folder names first, and make sure everything matches up in your code. :-)

Chris

--
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.