Card colo(u)rs

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 13:33:49 EDT 2015

On 29/06/15 20:12, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Paul Hibbert wrote:
>
> > If anything, I’d say the ‘Bug’ is, "Unexpected behaviour of the
> > Inspector Palette” as there is no reason AFAICS for the Inspector
> > Palette to change in this way.
>
> It seems very common for inspectors to update for the current selection.
>
> LiveCode does this as well, and while it may be more obvious when the
> selection is a control rather than a card (a card has no selection
> handles or other visual indicator that it's selected), the behavior is
> pretty consistent.
>
> And like some other inspector implementations I've seen, LiveCode's
> can also be locked to a given object, using the icon in the
> upper-right of the Inspector window.
>
> But of course even the lock option won't help here, since locking to a
> specific card isn't what's needed here.
>
> All that's needed is to note the title bar of the Inspector whenever
> you get unexpected results with it.

If I have a card with 1 object situated on it and it is selected
and the inspector for it is  open, and I then make a new object on that
card the inspector changes to take into account the new object.

So . . . why . . .

when I have a card inspector open and I either make a new card or
move to another card does the inspector NOT show the new card, instead
of the stack?

This behaviour seems inconsistent.

Richmond.