LiveCode quits, but stays in Dock (OS X Yosemite) and shows as open

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 04:23:56 EDT 2015

Sounds like a need for some disk maintenance. When was the last time you
ran Disk Repair and Repair Disk Permission from Disk Utility?

If it's been a while, on start-up simultaneously press the command + r
keys. Once the computer has started in Repair Mode, select Disk Utility and
then select your start-up disk and run Repair Disk as many times as
necessary until it no longer reports any issues. i.e. even on the first run
if it reports problems and it reports it fixed them all, still run Repair
Disk again to double-check no problems reported. Then run Repair Disk
Permissions. You only need to do this once. When it's finished run Repair
Disk again just to double check the repairing of permissions didn't break
something.

Hopefully when you restart your computer everything will return to normal.

Another less likely possibility is how much free space you have left on
your HD. If it's very little then this will slow down the opening and
closing of any document and most applications, not just one or two as is
your case.