No Internet No Livecode?

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Jun 24 14:24:08 EDT 2015

On 24/06/15 13:52, Ray wrote:
>> I have no internet connection today, service is down or something, and when I launch Livecoe 7.0.5, 7.0.2 or 6.7.6 on my Mac Mini running Yosemite I get nothing but a Livecode menu which doesn't let me do anything except open up some kind of Services section in the System Preferences.
>>
>> Have I missed something somewhere?  Is there now some kind of license setting which disallows using Livecode offline?  Or does Livecode on a Mac simply require internet connection to properly launch the IDE?
>>
>> It's odd since I'm still able to launch 7.0.2 on my Windows system with no connection.
>>
>> Any ideas?

There is a phone home component that is probably not dealing well with the slower internet connection. When things get like this, the easiest thing to do is disconnect for your internet connection and start up LC and then turn it back after LC is done loading.

The longer term solution is to generate a bug report on this. All they need to do is give up the phone home for a later date when the connection is stronger. My personal favorite would be to do the internet stuff that is under the hood on a different process that will not affect your performance or experience with LC itself.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io
canelasoftware.com

CassiaDB: The easy to use, free local database made for LiveCode Developers