local variable being reset from outside of script

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 14:00:23 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Could also be launching a palette stack from a behavior object.
> It's possible that on return it launches a new behavior instance.
> Dunno. It's a bug if so.

I seem to have found it--it's one of the same-old IDE bugs that has been
wasting our time for years.

The single-stepper simply didn't bother to follow code into the closeField
handler in the same script.

In that handler, i checked for textChanged as item 2 of line -2 of the
execution contexts.  It should now be line 1 of the execution contexts.

> you're pretty^H^H^HVERY good at  producing the unexpected.

That's been true as long as I've been coding :(

[My father claims that machines are out to get me.  Now, if *I* thought
that, I would be paranoid.  I do have to grant, however, that all of the
evidence seems to be on his side . . ..  {p.s.  Anyone know where to buy
the pin that connects the primary and secondary plates on a 1972 Cadillac
quadrate carburetor? } ]

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462