local variable being reset from outside of script

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 19 15:41:29 EDT 2015

On 6/19/2015 12:13 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>> >Somehow, between the two checks, pChFld changes from holding an id to
>> >empty.
>
> I managed a partial workaround, but there are more disappearing local
> variables.

Could some other control using the same behavior be interfering or
acting as the target? Each control keeps its own set of variable values
and if the focus shifts and triggers a second instance you may be seeing
a report from another object. Just a wild guess. You could try removing
the behavior from all but a single test control and see if it still happens.

I've never seen a script lose its local values that way except
occasionally after a script is compiled, but you're pretty good at
producing the unexpected.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com