OT: Free 3D Rendered Art Made Easy (an answer for RE: [OT] Re: Any way to do simple texture maps?)

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Jun 19 11:57:13 EDT 2015

> something like
> this (on the right):
>
> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Phong-shad
> ing-sample.jpg
>
> At best I'm looking for something like this:
>
> http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Nn8G0ifQPDE/maxresdefault.jpg

It is really easy just to make a sphere in any 3D package (like Blender) and
then render it.

But Id like to suggest something particularly cool.

Make a sphere in Blender, select it, then Export it as an OBJ file.

Then import it to OneRender.

OneRender is a scene layout AND cloud rendering platform. It is in beta, and
the beta is free. It has some interesting applications both in the
commercial and academic markets.

The beta access usually requires a PRIVATE INVITE CODE, but lucky for you, I
have one that you (or anyone on this list) can use:

Sign up on this page:

http://www.onerender.com/signup_mirye/

With THIS INVITE CODE:

MESHBOX0617

There is a 3 minute video on the sign up page that shows how it works. A
sphere is a really simple thing. Just import / upload your sphere and apply
a texture to it.

You might also want to get on the forum there as ask if anyone has planetary
textures. They are running a Star Wars art contest now so I believe somebody
should some planetary textures.

Something to have fun with this weekend, too ;-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software
http://www.paradigmasoft.com