LC 7.03 ff Crashing on larger text blocks

RH roland.huettmann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 09:48:44 EDT 2015

Thank you Alex for the reply.

Opening the file and reading it into LiveCode was done without problems
using textdecode(string,"ASCII") which works well. The field to which the
data is placed shows no problems.

I tested and tested again. The problem appears just when processing after a
certain size of list data is processed in memory. It appears in any case.
LiveCode will crash.

I assume it is starting between 10-20 MB.

---

Today I found a work-around. There is no crash when cutting line by line and
placing each line on a background field card by card. So, the list in memory
becomes smaller with the creation of new cards, and data is saved in a field
on several thousand cards. And actually it is quite fast.

Roland

-----
Roland Huettmann - Babanin GmbH - Switzerland
www.babanin.com / roh at babanin.com