sorting SQLite keys where no leading zeros at end of name

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Jun 4 19:07:28 EDT 2015

If the text and numeric portions of the key are indeed separated by an
underscore, the following should work as an ORDER clause (untested).

ORDER BY substr(TheKeyColumn,1,instr(TheKeyColumn,'_')-1)
ASC,CAST(substr(TheKeyColumn,instr(theKeyColumn,'_')+1) AS INTEGER) ASC

If there are a fixed number of chars before the numeric part of the key,
then you can replace the instr calls with the appropriate number of chars.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>