LiveCode 8 and a new video player?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:37:14 EDT 2015

If things are packaged properly, and lc is added to repositories to use
native installers (synaptic, rpm, yum, whatever..) dependencies fulfillment
should be part of the process.  Of course this means more manhours getting
things set up to be packaged, and I don't think the mothership has many
free man hours floating around.
There are already dependencies required for lc to run properly on linux,
and some optional ones (to support elevated processes), so expecting the
right "stuff" to be installed isn't that far out of the ordinary for linux.
The key would (again) be to have things packaged so that the dependencies
are installed as part of the processes, making it as easy as possible.