AW: AW: LiveCode 8 and a new video player?

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Thu Jun 4 13:06:50 EDT 2015

I agree with you Tiemo,  the cross platform player widget should have the
same functionality as the current AVFOundation based player on Mac OS X with
properties like currentTime, startTime, endTime playdate and callbacks etc.;
messages like currentTimeChanged, playStarted, playPaused, selectionChanged
etc.

When the AVFoundation based player was being developed as a replacement for
the QTKit player I tested most of the features of the player and submitted
bug reports for anything that was missing or not working correctly. The team
was very good at following up and ensuring that the new player had the core
functionality of the old one.  There are of course some QuickTime specific
features that are not replicated because Apple did not include those
features in AVFoundation.

I am looking forward to the DP of LC 8 with the player widget.

Martin Koob