advice needed re uploading text & binary data from iOS app

Phil Jimmieson phil at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 06:53:43 EDT 2015

Hi folks,
I've been writing a couple of iOS apps that capture data and at the moment I save this data locally and it is eventually transferred to a PC for processing via iTunes (so it happens only occasionally). I'd like to transfer data automatically to a secure server when my app is running and a network connection is available. Does anyone else upload data (text and images) from their LiveCode iOS apps and if so what technique do you use? I note that LibURL isn't available for iOS apps and although there's ftp support on iOS and it looks straightforward I don't think it's secure so I cannot really use that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
--
Phil Jimmieson  phil at liverpool.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 795 4236
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Ashton Building, Ashton Street