AW: LiveCode 8 and a new video player?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:59:45 EDT 2015

On 03/06/15 20:53, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Addendum to my last post:
>
> A quick search in Google for "LiveCode Roadmap" turned up the current
> URL in the first hit, and on that page we see under the "Widgets" column:
>
>    Cross browser player object Use widget framework to wrap
>    video playback on all platforms into a single object.
>
> That is of course a typo, where "cross browser" should be "cross
> platform".  Their webmaster is CC'd with this email so I suspect
> that'll be corrected shortly.
>
> Going forward, when there are questions about the road ahead, the
> Roadmap is a great place to start. :)

Is this: http://livecode.com/resources/roadmap/  what you mean?

It would be good if a version of that with red rings drawn round the
things completed (or semi-completed with percentages) were released.

Because, nice as it is, it doesn't really give any idea of where on the
roadmap things are.

Richmond.