AW: LiveCode 8 and a new video player?

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed Jun 3 13:46:09 EDT 2015

Richmond Mathewson-2 wrote
> You don't "know" as Martin Koob writes "From my understanding", which,
> logically does NOT state
> that "the" cross-platform player for LiveCode 8 will be a widget. All he
> DOES state is that he believes
> there will be a cross-platform player and that it will be a widget.
>
> All you are doing is indulging in fuzzy thinking.
>
> What would be good would be a categorical statement from RunRev as to
> whether there will be a cross-platform player,
> when that will happen, and its nature.
>
> Richmond.

Actually Richmond I was weaselling out  of stating categorically that the
cross platform player object "will" be a widget because I was too lazy to
confirm what I believed.  Tiemo was not engaged in fuzzy thinking but rather
reading between the lines suspecting that what I really wanted to say "I
know" but that I didn't want to put the time in to back up my assertion. So
it was I who introduced the fuzziness.

So thus chastened I have looked it up again to confirm.
It was from the following LiveCode Blog post.

The present and future LiveCode
by Ben Beaumont on June 30, 2014 ,
http://livecode.com/the-present-and-future-livecode/

"Cross browser player object
Use widget framework to wrap video playback on all platforms into a single
object."

So what I don't know is when the cross browser player object will be
delivered and I agree it would be nice to get an update on the road map from
LiveCode to show what has been completed and what is in the various threads.

Martin