LiveCode 8 and a new video player?

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed Jun 3 08:24:47 EDT 2015

Hi for the Mac the player that was based on QuickTime has already been
replaced with a player based on AVFoundation.

>From my understanding the cross platform player will be a widget which have
made its debut in the LiveCode 8 DPs.  My understanding is that once widgets
are in place work can start on the cross platform player.  There are other
controls that will be based on widgets that the team will be working on I am
sure. It would be good to hear what the time line is for seeing these new
widget based controls rolled out and where the cross platform player is in
that timeline.

Martin Koob