Drawing a Graphice Segment

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Wed Jul 29 07:22:17 EDT 2015

> On 29 Jul 2015, at 10:32, hh <hh at livecode.org> wrote:
>
> There is one "uncertainty by default", the border, that is drawn with half of the lineSize outside the object. LC is also sloppy with the rect of objects with large lineSizes.

Yes, this seems to be the sticking point with all methods, the function returns true if the point is within the rect.

It does not resolve that the arc is not the perimeter of the rect.

You cannot be confident of the return value with other objects on the same card.

I suppose it can be resolved with a pie chart by having the segments in a unique group with no other objects and the legend in another unique group.

The only solution I see is for the LiveCode engineers to resolve this issue by correcting what I believe to be BUG.

I will not be submitting this BUG as without checking I would be surprised if it has not been submitted before and not actioned.

Thanks for everyones efforts.

All the best

Terry