Thousands Separators

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jul 28 17:47:51 EDT 2015

+1

I commented awhaaay back in Revolution 2 times how neat it would be to have a numberFormat property for fields, so that the stored value was one thing (a number) and the display value was another. Otherwise reading data into and out of databases requires a de-format and re-format function for dates, times and numbers.

I already have a formatDate() and formatTime() function. Why you ask? Because there are date and time formats that LC does not accomodate, such as sql datetime. But to be able to assign a format to a field, especially a datagrid column would save a lot of time and work.

Bob S