shell() question

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Thu Jul 23 08:57:11 EDT 2015

Thanks Mark. I'm going to give "open process for update" a spin. Is this
something that you would consider robust enough to be used in a long
running server type context?

So we can have a Livecode server communicating with these processes and
serving out processed results over sockets to a web server for instance -
or is this something we should only consider for short run - get the
process up and running then shut it down interactions?

I guess it is a blocking operation...