list field not getting arrowkey msg

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:38:11 EDT 2015

On Jul 21, 2015, at 2:07 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Peter M. Brigham <pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Having found that the focus is on the card, for reasons best known to the
>> engine (certainly not to me),
>>

> What does the Message Watcher say? If on clicking on a line in the fld
> fires a salvo of messages, somewhere - frontscript, backscript, card or
> stack script a handler is being fired that sends the focus elsewhere;
> apparently the card.
>
> Do a global script search for 'go', 'send', 'select' and 'focus'. There are
> probably other ways to remove the focus but those come readily to mind.

I don't see anything in my mouseup script that would change the focus:

on mouseup tBtn
   select empty
   -- putting "focus on me" here doesn't fix the problem
   put getGridCell() into g -- doesn't go to or select anything
   put item 1 of g into lineNbr
   put item 2 of g into colNbr
   if lineNbr = empty then
      exit mouseup
   else
      set the hilitedline of me to lineNbr
      -- this should put the focus in the field
   end if
   put line lineNbr of me into listEntry
   put getItem(listEntry, 1, tab) into noteTitle
   -- doesn't go to or select anything
   displayNote noteTitle
   -- fetches a customprop and puts it into the display field
   -- but this shouldn't move the focus
   -- putting "focus on me" here doesn't fix the problem
   if tBtn <> 3 then exit mouseup
   put popChoose("rename","delete") into u
   switch u
      case "rename"
         renameNote noteTitle
         break
      case "delete"
         answer "Are you sure you want to delete this note? This is not undo-able!" with "OK" or "whoops!" \
               as sheet
         if it is not "OK" then exit to top
         deleteNote lineNbr, noteTitle
         break
   end switch
end mouseup

I'll take a look at the messagewatcher when I get a chance.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig