Oh ! So completely OT ......( All about CPU allocation !)

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 11:29:25 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Colin Holgate <colinholgate at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In the Unix world you would be talking about renice. It works for Mac OS
> too:

renice is wonderful; I used to use it all the time.

Today however I don't have anything that spikes the CPU other than building
livecode standalones, and all my machines are multi core.

Okay, and Wuala is just plain a pig. I suppose that is because it is
written in Java. It sucks huge amounts of energy even when it has nothing
to synchronize, but there is only one alternative (spideroak) for keeping
machines synchronized that does the encryption at the user end instead of
the server.  In my quad-core i7 macbook retina, it keeps my fans running
even at idle.   It seems better behaved the new macbook.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462