list field not getting arrowkey msg

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 10:12:59 EDT 2015

Not sure if this is what you're seeing, but if you are using tab to enter
the next field, then using arrow keys to navigate up and down, it doesn't
work. (6.7.6) When you tab into a list field, the hilite remains, but there
is no selection in the field. IE no insertion point, so the arrow keys
don't work.

I've found that if you select the hilited line as you tab into the field it
solves this problem.

If this is the problem you are seeing, clicking a line in the recalcitrant
field should make the arrow keys start working, because the click selects a
line.

Another direction to solve it would be to catch the arrowkey message in the
field, and if there is a hilite, but no lines selected, select the hilited
line then pass arrowkey. If there are no lines selected, and no hilites,
select and hilite the first line.  If I understand correctly, the second
part should only be necessary if you have toggle hilites turned on.
(because otherwise when you tab into the field, a line is selected.)

I just noticed another interesting thing (Still in 6.7.6)

Selecting "click to toggle" in the inspector puts a checkmark into
mutli-line and non-contiguous (as it should?) but clicking away and coming
back to the object, only click to toggle is still selected.

Oh, and final note on this, if you have multiline non-contiguous selected
you'd have to account for that too.

Check the focused object when the arrow keys aren't working. If the correct
field is focused, check the selectedline to see if there is one. If not,
the arrow keys fail to work.