Before and after Livecode

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Sat Jul 18 15:28:34 EDT 2015

An example of how I used them to solve a problem that's bugged me for years
- logging / debugging things like servers. You can write a server in a tiny
bit of code, but to see what is going on / wrong you want to log things at
every step - or at least the important bits - and your code ends up with
lot's of loggin bits everywhere - even if you use a library for the actual
logging code.

Now with before / after handlers - no logging code in the server - it's so
clean and simple it is gorgeous. When I want logging I add the behavior
which includes all the efore / after handlers that havve acess to all the
data and just do the logging. When I don;t want them I remove the behavior.
Nice.