Livecode Javascript Compiler

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Thu Jul 16 08:20:44 EDT 2015

Thanks Kevin and Peter - its very useful to have a soft indication of the
direction you are heading.

So my understanding now is that Livecode Builder - being the robust
strongly typed language that compilers like - lends to being something that
could be run through the compiler chain you are creating to export
Javascript. For instance a Livecode Builder library - would be the sort of
thing that could be compiled into a Javascript library that would then be
called by standard HTML5/Javascript on a web page. This would be the same
as emsripten ports of other languages like perl -
https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki/Porting-Examples-and-Demos

However as your priority is to create a full export of stacks to the web -
creating a Livecode Builder library export tool chain is something that
we'd need to do as a community project or wait :)

The one thing I would like to understand is how you would expose interfaces
to the resulting exported JS code - are there any links to how you would do
this / any thoughts regarding how Livecode.js exports would do this? Here I
can see how you can expose C functions:

   -
   http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/api_reference/preamble.js.html#calling-compiled-c-functions-from-javascript

So my question would be how is this extended so that a handler in Livecode
Builder is exposed?