[BUG] HTMLText <H5> incorrectly converted

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jul 15 05:51:27 EDT 2015

Hi Kay,

I'd think there are at least two valid reasons why your bug report
should not have been closed without a fix.

Browsers don't render the h5 tag as italic. The h5 tag is a valid tag
and should be dealt with correctly. LiveCode doesn't honour any HTML
standard, but I still believe that the h5 tag should be rendered
correctly, since all other h* tags do.

There was a time when the syntax 'beep 2' beeped only once. After many
years, RunRev decided to fix the bug. They didn't close the bug report
saying it had always been like this.

If Mark Waddingham still thinks it should be closed, I hope he can
provide a different explanation. I should add that the difference
between h4, h5 and h6 might be too small to notice, without additional
style tags.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille