Programatically complete an answer dialog ?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 20:45:36 EDT 2015

Yep, everything is a stack. The answer dialog is:

revanswerdialog.rev

Make a new card. Put a button and a field on it. In the button script:

on mouseUp
   answer "Hmmm"
end mouseUp

on mouseEnter
   put the stacks into fld 1
end mouseEnter

Open the message watcher, and for heaven's sake, suppress IDE messages. Click the button, and move the mouse around a bit, including into and out of the dialog and back to the card and its controls

Now I don't know why "mouseEnter" and "mouseLeave" are sent in this condition, that is, with the dialog open, and almost nothing else is. Well, I do know. It is because that is the way the thing is built.

But maybe there is a clue here?

Craig Newman