Custom Ask File Dialogs

Ray ray at linkit.com
Sat Jul 11 04:54:54 EDT 2015

Greetings,

I'd like to solicit three things from my users in one window.  The main
thing is a new file name and location.  I normally use "ask file" for
this, but that only solicits a file name and location.  It does not let
me solicit the other two things.  I then have to present a second dialog
with some check boxes and radio buttons to solicit the other two pieces
of info from my users.

Does anybody know of a way to duplicate Livecode's "Ask File" dialog
window and customize it?  I suppose I could build up my own Ask File
dialog window from scratch but it would be a lot of work and I'm not
sure how I would include things like Favorites and the many different
views the Ask File dialog window has.

In my research so far I've experimented unsuccessfully with the sheet
command.  I've also set the "systemFileSelector" property to true in
order to use Livecode's built-in dialog box.  I'm just not sure where to
go to duplicate it so I can customize it.

Much appreciated,

Ray Horsley
LinkIt! Software