Using sudo in shell

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jul 10 16:06:39 EDT 2015

Not without passing the current administrator password in cleartext. I have done this before by simply creating a multiline shell script in a variable. It will act as though a user was typing in each line and hitting return. Sudo only needs to be authenticated once per terminal session, so take care that you don’t put the password after every sudo command.

Bob S