Determining the active email client on OSX and Windows...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Jul 9 18:21:13 EDT 2015

Does anyone out there have reliable scripts for determining the active
email client on OSX and/or Windows? Including and especialy if the user
is using GMail?

The issue is that when you use revMail (i.e. revMail address,
[ccAddress, [mailSubject, [messageBody]]] ) it appears that Google GMail
has a character limit on the length of a message that can be passed to
it. I'd like to adjust some code I have that crafts a less detailed
message for GMail users while retaining the more lengthy information for
users of any other email client, but to do that I need to detect what
client the user has set as their primary email client.

Any known good solutions to this would be very much appreciated,