LiveCode Server - where to start?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 8 14:54:26 EDT 2015

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > I almost never log into my account, I always download directly
 > from the public download page, so I assumed all available builds
 > were there. It's odd that the commercial edition of the
 > IDE/engine is listed there but not the commercial edition of server.

I'd guess it's just a matter of ROI:  most uses cases for LC Server are
well satisfied by the Community edition, and since Server is a
command-line-only app, they'd need to come up with some special scheme
in that engine build to handle licence enforcement.  So instead they
just put the license enforcement in the Web site's account page, and
only a very small handful of people ever need it anyway so it seems a
prudent use of their time.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems